It will come as no surprise that we have had to make some changes to our plans since our newsletter issued only on 1st January.
In summary, there will be no drop-in or gardening sessions in January. The TadGrafters session will be on zoom as planned. We hope the February newsletter will be more positive.
Like in the first lockdown we will, however, be able to supply kits for you to make and can deliver them to you if you are in the Tadcaster and Sherburn areas, (and the surrounding villages). We will collect made items hopefully at the February or March drop-off/pick-up sessions.
If you would like any supplies please email all the following information to email@example.com
- The kit or project you wish to be supplied and the quantity
- Whether you require instructions or thread
- The address where you would like the delivery (or the box at the Barn)
- Any other specific requests/information
Sewing kits which can be supplied:
- Personal effects bags
- Tote bags
- Drawstring bags (varying sizes)
- Hearts and matching drain bags (sewing only)
- Yorkits Liners
- Facemasks (varying sizes)
- Flowers for community patchwork. As you will be already aware, we are creating a community patchwork to commemorate our community during the pandemic. To add to the amazing sewn patches we have already, we would like to include more craft techniques including knitting and crochet.
Finished items should be a maximum of 13cm ( 5”) square to leave space for a seam allowance. You don’t need to put them on squares but if you do, the squares should be 15cm (6”).
Please feel free to make a variety of poppies, buttercups, daffodils or any other colour or flower pattern from any time of year, as simple or complicated as you like, and add buttons and beads etc. You don’t have to stick to flowers but these are some suggestions:
Marianna’s Lazy Daisy Days: Knitted Summer Flowers
If you find a pattern you like you can share the link on the group chat. Completed flowers can be handed in at a drop-in session. The deadline will be when we get to the end of the pandemic.
If you haven’t already done so, please help us by filling in our 5 minute anonymous questionnaire and give us some quotes to let us know what you think of Tadcrafters:
The information will be used to write an impact report. In the meantime you will find lots of interesting information on our review of 2020.