There are many ways in which you can join in what we do, wherever you live or whenever you have the time:
You can join in our projects by coming along to one of our sessions, making at home, or making with your own group. Patterns and instructions are available via email and we’d appreciate any other good ones you find. You can bring items to us at a session to distribute (or arrange to donate them yourself if you are using your own fabric etc). Each newsletter contains a list of the current projects. Have a look to see which you would like to do.
Join us at one of the drop-in sessions, or other events, at The Barn, St. Joseph’s Street (opposite John Smith’s Brewery) in Tadcaster, LS24 9HA. These are every Second Tuesday of the month from 10am to 3pm. Level access is at the back with a carpark off Leeds Road. (NB change of venue for August 2021 only). We are currently also supporting the formation of a Tadcrafters group based in Sherburn-in-Elmet meeting once a month on a Friday morning.
Workshop sessions are free and you don’t need to bring anything but a £1 voluntary donation is much appreciated. For dates see the calendar of events on the most recent newsletter.
If you prefer to make things out of wood you could join us on a TadGrafters session 4-6pm at The Barn on the day after the Tadcrafters session (see above) but you need to let us know you are coming as for safety reasons places are limited. In this session you can make things like bird boxes, hedgehog lodges and bug hotels for local wildlife.
We also have gardening group. Please let us know if you have would like help us to maintain our community garden at the Quaker Burial Ground in Tadcaster and other projects.
Did you know that Tadcaster was on a Bee-line? If you are interested in joining our Bee Keeping group to look after bees at The Barn, please get in touch.
We are always on the look out for tombola prizes, donations and items to re-use or recycle.
If you are having a clear-out we might be able to give your unwanted items a new home e.g.
- “Gently worn” bras for Smalls For All
- Fabric, especially lightweight and cheerfully patterned, ideally over half a metre
- Any shade of red white and/or blue sheets, duvet covers or similar fabric in reasonable condition
- Knitting yarn, especially double knitting
- Thread, ribbons, cord, lace, buttons, press studs and miscellaneous haberdashery
- Sewing or knitting machine, of a reasonable age and condition
Items that we are unable to use may be sold to raise funds to support our activities. We are a not-for-profit voluntary funded organisation.
In particular for the YorKits (feminine hygiene kits) project we require:
- Lightweight fabric (cotton or poly/cotton mix) in dark/deep coloured patterns (no insects, animals or people). Good examples in the above picture
- Brushed 100% cotton fabric, patterned as above
- Flannelette sheets (new or used), any colour, in good condition
- Shower curtains, (new or the top/clean half of used ones), any colour
- Thin ribbon/cord, dark coloured for drawstrings on the bags
- Thread, dark coloured
- Small metal press studs
- Pants (new), ladies sizes small to medium in dark colours
- Face cloths (new), dark colours
- Zip lock plastic bags, Heavy duty, 1 gallon size (new). Approx £6 for 38 on Amazon
For our TadGrafters group we are on the look out for:
- off-cuts of wood and pallets
- hand tools e.g. hammers
- screws, nails etc
We are always open to new ideas and contacts for projects either to donate to or receive donations from.
If you have something else that you would like to give away you could join the “Free Stuff in Tadcaster” Facebook group.
If you would like to make a financial donation to help us with our projects you can do so through Local Giving https://localgiving.org/tadcrafters
Sign up to support Tadcrafters CIC with easyfundraising. It’s a really easy way to raise extra money for us, without costing you a penny! easyfundraising is the UK’s number one charity cashback site. There are over 3,100 shops and sites where you can collect free donations for Tadcrafters CIC including Amazon, John Lewis, eBay, Argos and Sainsbury’s. Show your support and sign up for free here http://www.easyfundraising.org
Thank you. Your help will make a real difference to someone’s life, and maybe your own too.