There are many ways in which you can join in what we do wherever you live or whenever you are free:
Join us at one of the drop-in sessions, or other events, at the Social Club in Tadcaster. These are every Second Tuesday of the month from 10am to 4pm. Sessions are free and you don’t need to bring anything but a £1 voluntary donation is much appreciated. If you can bring your own sewing machine to use that would be great. For dates see the calendar of events on the most recent newsletter.
You can join in our projects by making at home, or with your own group. Patterns and instructions are available and we’d appreciate any other good ones you find. You can bring items to us to distribute or arrange to donate them yourself. Each newsletter contains a list of the current projects.
We are always on the look out for tombola prizes, donations and items to re-use or recycle.
If you are having a clear-out we might be able to give your unwanted items a new home e.g.
- “Gently worn” bras for Smalls For All
- Spectacles in any condition that will be reused/recycled or used to raise funds for Days for Girls by the Rotary Club.
- Sharp scissors all sizes
- Fabric, especially lightweight and cheerfully patterned, ideally over half a metre
- Any shade of red white and/or blue sheets, duvet covers or similar fabric in reasonable condition
- Knitting needles
- Knitting wool, especially double knitting, and/or red
- Thread, ribbons, cord, lace, buttons, press studs and miscellaneous haberdashery
- Sewing machine, of a reasonable age and condition to be used to teach others
In particular for the Days for Girls project we require:
- Lightweight fabric (cotton or poly/cotton mix) in dark/deep coloured patterns (no insects, animals or people). Good examples in the above picture
- Brushed 100% cotton fabric, patterned as above
- Flannelette sheets (new or used), any colour, in good condition
- Shower curtains, (new or the top/clean half of used ones), any colour
- Thin ribbon/cord, dark coloured
- Thread, dark coloured
- Small press studs
- Pants (new), ladies sizes small to medium in dark colours
- Face cloths (new), dark colours
- Zip lock plastic bags, Heavy duty, 1 gallon size (new). Approx £6 for 38 on Amazon
We are always open to new ideas and contacts for projects either to donate to or receive donations from.
If you have something else that you would like to give away you could join the “Free Stuff in Tadcaster” Facebook group.
Sign up to support Tadcrafters CIC with easyfundraising. It’s a really easy way to raise extra money for us, without costing you a penny! easyfundraising is the UK’s number one charity cashback site. There are over 3,100 shops and sites where you can collect free donations for Tadcrafters CIC including Amazon, John Lewis, eBay, Argos and Sainsbury’s. Show your support and sign up for free here http://www.easyfundraising.org
Thank you. Your help will make a real difference to someone’s life, and maybe your own too.